"It was a dark, cool afternoon. Elder Bell and Elder Hansen and I set out for opening night of Albany's institute class. Headgear fastened on and we set out into the darkness on out bikes. Not far into the trip, Elder Bell states " I think I know a shortcut !" Elder Hansen & I being only 2 days fresh in the area; trusted his judgement. As we turned down the street; the street lighting abruptly stops; we have our bike headlights to rely on. I squint trying to adjust to the darkness; trying to make out the distortions in the road. The asphalt had know turned into dirt. Tires slipping as the road gets wetter; potholes are deep ruts in the road created by a truck. Elder Bell, only a few feet in front of me suddenly disappears into a rut with a large splash and exclamation of surprise I only had seconds to realize I was joining him in an adjacent puddle." Morale of the story, do not follow Elder Bells shortcuts; especially in the dark.
Justin is enjoying Albany. He has sent requests to his siblings for this & that, etc. He has promised to send more pictures. We will be awaiting them.
No comments:
Post a Comment